Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Make It Monday #117 + Case Study #141 & CASual Fridays #101

The Make It Monday Challenge over at Capture the Moment is from Melissa this week. Check out her beautiful paper pieced flower and tutorial here. I personally love paper piecing and find it therapeutic to stamp and snip out little pieces of patterned paper and recreate an image. I am a little disappointed that I couldn't find a flower outline image like the one Melissa used in my stamp collection.

The best Papertrey Ink stamp I have that lends itself to this technique is Autumn Hills.


I stamped the image on the blue diagonal striped paper first and then multiple times to make the house, hills and path. A few copic markers helped add a touch more color.

My second card today is for the Case Study challenge. Maile Belles is the muse for May and this is the current inspiration card.



I was inspired by the color palette and die cut sentiment, but struggled putting this together. Maile's card looks effortless in its perfection and I still have a lot to learn {sigh}.

I am also linking this card to the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge to stamp on designer paper.


cfc101

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


18 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous set of cards - the paper pieced one id stunning and I love the bold colours of the CASe Study one! Lovely.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards :)my special favorite is the second one, I really love how CAS it is, perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cas card is a stunner, but I love the pieced hills card! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these are both fabulous, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards - wow the first with all the paper piecing, and the second so CAS - both have big impact Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both great. I never thought of paper piecing that Autumn Hills image. Super idea. And, you second card is a wonderful take on Maile's card. She makes it look so easy, but you do to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jacquie, you don't have much to learn! Your awesome work has earned you a Top Four from Case Study! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the Autumn Hills pieced card...never thought of using that stamp set either. Absolutely beautiful!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your shout out from Case Study. And to think you didn't care for this card much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. PRETTY! Love that image. And you so deserve the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful scene for paper piecing ~love the design of this card, Jacquie.
    Your Case Study card is great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool cards! I love your take on the inspiration card and the way you stamped on the striped paper! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great cards...love the layout and the scene.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are fab! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards, both. You choice for the paper piecing card and your work is just stunning! What a beautiful scene you set for that stamp. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are wonderful Jacquie! I love those pieced hills and the graphics in the second~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards, Jacquie :) I love the 'Always proud of you' one.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!